Saturday, December 9, 2006

Give Fleece a Chance

Working girls need to have some fun too. Who would have thought some rest and relaxation would come from dirty fleece? I agree, I would not have thought it, but it sure worked tonight. Then again, check out what I got to work with! This photo is without the flash so you can see how dark and beautiful this natural colored Romney fiber is. I love the crimp and the staple very much. This is a ewe lamb fleece that I purchased from The Pines Farm.
You can see it also at the bottom of the photo below. The dyed brown and green fiber is Lincoln fiber that I bought at a guild sale. The dye was not washed out well, and so I washed it to get the excess dye out. It's drying fast. There is 6.6 pounds of the Romney drying there with a fan turned on and a heater nearby. I gave it a good spin inside a couple mesh bags. I split the fleece into two parts so the washing machine would stay balanced in the spin cycle, so it's well on it's way to being dry too.
Wayne's sweater is coming along. Here's an update photo on the sweater progress.

Oh darn! Wrong photo! That's my fiber closet... if you've seen any naked sheep about, well don't tell them where I've stashed their clothing! Haha

Okay, Wayne's Sweater - for real :-)

7 comments:

Carol said...

Quite the fiber stash. The crimp is really nifty too.

vanessa said...

your fleece closet makes me feel so much better!

Vicki said...

Love the crimp in that Romney fleece! Wish I had a fiber closet...mine is just scattered everywhere.

Sheila E said...

Beeutimus Barb!! Wayne must be waiting with baited breath for the finished product. It's really coming along!
The romney is lovely, what a rich dark color...what's it gonna be...huh?

Anonymous said...

Impressive stash! I'm suddenly feeling very restrained ;-)

That Romney fleece is so pretty. I am partial to a natural colored Romney. Are you going to use it as is or overdye it?

Joanne said...

Wow, just seeing that lock of wool is making me feel less stressed. Wow. So, how did you get your closet to look so neat? Dontcha need more fiber then? :)

Angela said...

Oh my gosh Barb - I think you have more fibre than I do! The Romney is gorgeous.