Friday, December 30, 2005

Spinning night


Tonight was a good night to spin some lovely Blue Faced Leisther fleece. This is called Emeral City by the friend who dyed it for me. I am planning on making a pull over sweater out of the yarn when it is completed. I purchased two pounds of the fiber and as of tonight I have spun 1/2 of it. Tomorrow I ply! I am making a three ply yarn, which is not quite worsted weight. I'll have to measure it up to get a real reading on the weight, but I'm getting great yardage out of it and it's soft and lovely when plied and set.

1 comment:

Sheila E said...

Hi Barb,
Lovely yarn!! You did such a nice job of it!! Whatcha gonna make out of it? Whatever it is it will be beautiful and special!!
Love that you are doing your blog. It takes a bit of work, doesn't it. Perseverance is the key word on that one.....and prehaps a bit of meanness, and I'm afraid that that is lost on you. xxoox