Friday, July 7, 2006

To Blog or Not to Blog

Well I've had this blog for awhile and never really done much with it. I've thought about blogging and then I've thought about not blogging. As you can see being indecisive is it's own decision, thus no blog entries. I've had the blog but have not used it. Well perhaps I will try the other side of blogging for awhile and see how it goes.

If you have all your photos organized and put where they belong, well..... you are an amazing being or else you don't take enough photos! Anyway, here's some of my photos for you.

Chickens at the folks 2005, Shetlands & Sam at OFFF 2005 , Olive Tones Sock! from Lisa Souza, going to be a Diamond Fantasy Shawl

So, the weekend is here and so am I. This is always a good thing. However the weekend will be shorter than usual for me, I am going in to work on Sunday. Going to learn more about my job and what I need to know for a new position coming up. I'm pretty excited about it, so going in will be fun since it's going to lead to more learning and knowledge overall.

I spin wool into yarn (sometimes into knots) and I knit with it (the yarn that is). I have a good quantity of wool that is going to need spun when it comes back from the cleaners! Okay - wool processors - where they wash the sheeps fleece clean, comb it or card it to straighten it into a uniform group of wool fibers, and get it ready to be spun. I can do that myself, except it takes a lot of doing and the fun is in the spinning and knitting in my book. I still have all the equipment to do the cleaning and combing, and I do that to smaller fleeces or to blend different types of fibers such as different sheep wools have different textures, or different animals fibers (goats, bunnies, dogs, plants, silk, alpaca, etc) can be blended together. Then there is the options for coloring that fiber too! There is an endless amount of possibilities when you spin your own :-)

Okay, there's a blog for the "other" side of the fence on if I should blog or not. I'll post this and see how it feels :-)

Thought of the day - Life is to short to be cranky for long.

PS: Hannah doesn't say "Hi" she says "Preeeeeetttttttyyyyy Birrrrrrrrrd" and she's right!

No comments: