Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sky Drama Plied


The Sky Drama fiber is officially yarn! Forgive the disheveled state of the skein, I used a small knitty noddy (a form that you wrap yarn around to make a skein) and so the skein itself is hard to really show off. There are 8 ounces all in one skein! There's a lot of yarn here. When it's thoroughly dried (it's a wee bit damp still) I'll use the yarn meter to see how many feet/yards I have here. Anyway, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Lisa Souza dyed the fiber, and Sheila Ernst had it with her for sale when she was at the Seattle Fiber Expo. So through some of my favorite people, I came to have this wonderful fiber to spin. Once I know my yardage I can make the final decision on what I'm going to knit with this beautiful yarn.

Well today is a rare day indeed. First of all I had the day off from work (I took a vacation day) and I was honored to be sought out for some attention from Emma, our cat. She really prefers the men of this house, but today she lowered her standards and came and wanted me to pet her. I have evidence of her actually being held of her own free will, but she didn't like the flash.

I was outside spinning this morning and it started to rain. I adjusted the picnic table umbrella and tried to continue spinning. It worked for quite awhile, but then the rain came harder and I came inside with my wheel. Sure wish we had a covered deck. The lighting is so nice outside. I can hear the birds and the rain was fun until my wheel started getting splashed. Hopefully someday when we build our home in the country, we'll have a covered porch area where I can spin.

Tomorrow is my last day off and then I have to go back to work on Friday. I think I'll try and see the Pirates movie tomorrow. I have some spinning I'm looking forward to doing for my niece - she's wanting to knit soakers for her expected baby. I've got lots of wool about, so this is a win/win for me!

6 comments:

CatonsvilleCats said...

Barb! You have a blog? Was I supposed to know that? Sheesh, girl, post more, your spinning is so lovely. How about that emerald sweater, eh???

jenknits said...

That sky drama skein is gorgeous! We have been having some nice days lately, I hope you enjoyed and relaxed during your time off.

Anonymous said...

Stacy will be so happy!

Sheila E said...

My my, you have been a busy gal....when do you think you'll have the time to go to work?
I love your blog Barb!! It gives me a chance to SEE what you have been doing while I am...ahem...down in Drain.
Your Sky Drama is knock out! Can't wait to see what you're gonna make out of it.
Thanks for the pictures of your walk, the neighborhood and all the sweet creatures of your day. Missy is so helpful!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, I found you. You gave me Jen's blog as a link to yours, silly goose. Thanks to Sheila for the link to the real deal. :o)

Vicki said...

I love spinning outside, too. Glad to have found your blog. Your spinning is beautiful.