Saturday, August 26, 2006

Fair Friday!

I had such a wonderful time today. I went to the fair and spun in the spinning area to demonstrate the process tonight. It's great fun to show others how it's done, and to answer questions. Kids have the greatest questions. I had one little girl ask if I had a break yet. I was puzzled by this, and she went on to clarify, "have you gone on any rides yet!?" LOL! I do believe I may have picked up the new craft bug. I came home and told Wayne what I learned from a hooker tonight- how to make a locker hook rug that is :-) Now I want to be a hooker too! Check out her work - these rugs are so soft! They make great horse blankets as well. The lady who makes these has used them for horse blankets for years. She said they work great and she actually has a horse that prefers this blanket to a fancy purchased blanket she's got. I may just have to give this craft a whirl. I've got the fleece, now all I need is some carpet mesh and a hook with a eye for yarn and I'm set.

So, my sweater got a second place ribbon, and so did a skein of Romney I put into the fair. I'm please with the placing, and I have to show you the first place sweater too because it is awesome. Of course I think "mine" is better - but that's because it's mine and it's knit for me. Anyway - it gives me room for improvement and I know I will enjoy getting there.

I did either remove or smudge last names from these pictures. I know some people want more privacy and other don't really care. That's just my attempt to make it okay for everyone that I put photos up of other's entries.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, your photos are just beautiful! The sweater looks great, and thanks for showing it off to the world. :-)

jenknits said...

Congratulations on the fair ribbon! Glad you had a fun time spinning.

vanessa said...

congrats on the ribbon! the colors of your emerald isle just glow :-)

CatonsvilleCats said...

Congratulations Barb! How fun to have a ribbon for your work.

Sheila E said...

CONGRATS ;) Beautiful, beautiful!!
I know that this will just spur you on to getting the blue next year! Undaunted is your middle name.
I THINK you should have gotten the blue this year too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Barb,

By chance, I ended up at your blog today. I was looking at the picture of your beautiful green sweater that you had entered in the fair. Then I noticed that sitting right next to it was the handspun farm that my daughter and I made. I decided that I just had to write something since we're neighbors and all.