Saturday, August 12, 2006

Triple Decker


Well it was a busy day on the deck! I finished plying some Electra Lite, I had a couple small center pull balls of Earth Birth that I plied, and I spun a bobbin of superwash grey top and plied it with the two other bobbins. Whew!

So here's a picture of the yarns in that order. The grey yarn is going to be a sweater for my husband. I know which one it will be now, thanks to Lisa for pointing out a new sweater by the Needle Beetle! It's called Salmon Run Expect to see work in progress on this yarn and eventually the sweater. This is going to be great!

I'm still working on the Diamond Fantasy Shawl. This is a photo taken about four days ago. I'll have to get you another photo soon, it's gotten bigger! In fact this photo only has 4 stitch markers on the shawl. I'm up to six now, which means I've completed a repeated section and I'm working on another since the photo was taken. When it gets wider though, the rows get longer, and it takes me longer to complete a repeated section :-) So if you're knitting up one of these wonderful shawls, the stitch marker count means very little - it's a mental thing.

6 comments:

vanessa said...

barb, is that one of sheila e's new needles? salmon run will be perfect!

Barb said...

Hi Vanessa, Yes, the needles in the DFS are indeed Sheila's glass circulars! I just love 'em. I've been looking high and low for "THE" sweater pattern for Wayne... I still need to swatch it and get his final okay before I start, but so far he loves it too :-) I see his size on there too, so I won't have to fiddle with the pattern either... hooray!!

ChickenChum said...

wow, your a busy bee Barb!!!
That sweater looks wonderful. I think Wayne would look very handsome in it. I think I'd look pretty sharp in it too! Is that knitted with cables. I think I may have to get that pattern. Since George saw your port orford sweater he has casually pointed out some very manly looking sweaters he likes in my knitting magazines!

Barb said...

Melaine - I have not had the Ah Ha momment for the Electra Lite... but I always have my antenna (hair sticks) tuned in for ideas. I've got 2 pounds of fiber - so there's enough to do a lot of different ideas I might come up with :-)

Tina - It would be fun to knit that together! Think about it, I'll be spinning for some time yet :-) We may feel a KAL coming up hehehe.

CatonsvilleCats said...

Mmm. beautiful yarn. I love that Elektra, I think my next Souza purchase will be a sack o' Elektra in several different forms...

Sheila E said...

Looks like you will need some bigger glass circular needles for the "Salmon Run" sweater! I just love it Barb. What fun ;) Is this going to be for both of you? I wantit too! Ofcourse that would mean that I would have to knit it and I am really unsure that I want to take that bad boy on.