Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Shhhh... Fiber is sleeping

I think the extra effort of pulling apart the muddy tips and then re-washing is well worth it. Check out Wingnut now! Oh, dang, I should have taken a before photo of the first washing and how it looked. I've got another two batches of picking and washing to do yet, perhaps you'll get to see it after all. Not tonight though!


Hopefully the wind doesn't pick up tonight or tomorrow, and/or the cat and/or dog doesn't think this is a great mattress for them before I get home from work tomorrow. Actually I have jury duty tomorrow but I suspect I'll be back to work by noon - at least I'm hoping that's the case! They never seem to like me for a jury since I worked for a lawyer for my first job as a receptionist. I called and found out I can't take knitting needles, but I can take a crochet hook! So, it will be a good chance to work on that purse I started over a year ago. Heh - forgot to put that on the list, didn't I?! LOL!

By the way - the fleece does feel as fluffy and soft as it looks ;-) Still trying to find out what varity of sheep she is.

5 comments:

ChickenChum said...

That is really georgeous!! What will you be making with it?

Angela said...

Wingnut looks absolutely gorgeous! Did you hand-pick it?

Stacy said...

Did it blow away? Is it okay? Did it awake all nice and dry? I'm dying with curiosity! (Probably a nice lovely shade of orange.)

And I wouldn't blame any animal for taking a nap in it. It looks heavenly soft.

vanessa said...

yum!

Sheila E said...

YUMMMMMMMMM!!! You did such a great job. I am green...and as you know, it's not easy being green xoxo