Thursday, November 23, 2006

Good Times


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday today. Check out the tablecloth Mom and Dad brought back for us when they went to Mexico earlier this year. It made a very special table this year for the holiday.

On the knitting front - because I modified the pattern a little on the project I'm knitting (I used heavier weight handspun yarn), I ran out of yarn before I finished knitting. In fact I ran out of fiber and was at a stand still. I searched the internet and found more fiber in the same colorway. It arrived from Canada yesterday. I sat down and spun enough to finished the project today and then knit and hoped I would have it done by the end of the day. Hooray! The Victorian Shoulderette Shawl is now drying. I think I'll just let it air dry and not block it. It's soft, fuzzy, and nice and warm. I'm really looking forward to wearing it. I've got enough of the Top Knot in the Gypsy color blend of fiber to do another project now. It spins very nicely but it surprises me how much it fluffs up when plied in a two ply yarn.

3 comments:

vanessa said...

looks delish!
love the colors of your shawlette :-)

Sheila E said...

Your Thanksgiving table is lovely. Yumm!!
And the shawl is absolutely gorgeous!! Glad that you got it all worked out and have some left over!
I look forward to seeing it at Madrona. You will bring it? YES?

Anonymous said...

Barb, your Shoulderette is really beautiful! It was so nice to get to see it modeled today - it flatters you so nicely. The table looks so festive. :-) Happy T-Day to you! - Sam