Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow Play


We received some snow! We only get snow a couple times a year usually, and it doesn't normally last very long. Here's a few pictures of the snow we have.

We feed the birds in our back yard. They are very happy with the snow here and all. Hey! Wayne said there is a humming bird trying to get humming bird food from the hummer feeder. It's frozen, so it didn't get any. I've been telling Wayne they migrate and he should take the feeder down that he recently put up. I am really surprised that they hang around in this sort of weather. Now, how to make the feeder not frozen for the little silly hummer. Guess I'll have to google it and see if I can find the solution. Poor little bird - it's very cold out! LOL - a nectar cozy perhaps? I've got lots of wool :-) Note: I found link that gives directions on this issue. Heat lamp!


Here's Wayne and Missy enjoying the snow. The snowy figure in the background is a cedar bear that sits by the larger pond in our back yard. The pond needs a new liner which we will get in next summer.

I went in late to work today due to the icy roads. I spent my morning separating Jazz's fleece and got a lot accomplished. I've just got another couple hours of work to do on it before it's all separated and picked.

We set up the Christmas tree. Here's a picture of it. Not too bad for an artificial tree I think.


It was rather frightening today. Wayne and I were in the grocery store. We had some Ding Dongs in the shopping cart, there was Christmas music playing on the store speakers. On the way out in the parking lot I caught myself singing "ding dong, ding dong, Christmas Bells are ringing" Oh No! The first Christmas song of the year - and not only that, there I was singing it. It had to be the snow, or the tree, maybe they were playing it in the store and it snuck into my subconscious, or possibly it was the Ding Dongs! It is only November 28th, what will the rest of the year bring?

3 comments:

Anne Turner said...

Lol I did that TOO! But, mine was, We wish you a merry Christmas. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, I started singing..Mommies alright, Daddies alright, they just seem a little wierd. LOL

Sheila E said...

I just love the pictures!! Wow, you really got the snow. Ours didn't stay, just turned into Oregon rain..boo hoo!
The tree is beeeutiful!
Missy looks cold...
That poor hummer...can't you convince him to come inside for some nice sugar water?

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of Wayne and Missy! I can't believe the snow's gone already. Driving was a bear, but it surely was beautiful for a couple of days there, eh? :-) -Sam