Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Plied and Plied Again, I Replied

I finished your birthday present on your birthday Sandy! Sorry I couldn't give them to you today, but you can see them at any rate. These are made from lightweight Socks that Rock in the colorway Rooster Rock. I hope you enjoy them. I have another skein and I'll start up a pair for myself very soon. I've never blocked socks. I suppose I think of them as meager socks and that a foot is the perfect object to block them with. I am sure you will like them when they are warming your toes. The cuff turns down so the colors that are pooling wont show when you have these babies on your feet. I never mind the pooling myself anyway. It gives the socks character.

I plied the soft wool and tencel that I blogged about before. It came out very loosely plied. So, I plied it again. Heck, I plied one two ply with another two ply and now have a four ply yarn! It is so soft and bouncy, I'm not sure what I will end up making out of it. It would be perfect for a soft hat with lots of shine and warmth. I think that's what it wants to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

both the socks and the yarn are beautiful. i think that the yarn would make a great hat too. i can't believe it has taken me this long to actually find your blog! sorry!