Saturday, February 17, 2007

Socks!

Here are some of the socks I've been working on. The blue and black are made with Lisa Souza Sock! in the colorway Blue Sky and some of her Heels and Toes Sock! in Black. I love this stuff. I knit these on a size 1 Addi needle. I think I could go up a needle size especially where I doubled up the yarn on the heels and toes. These will be sturdy socks and great for wearing with open sandals or with boots. Yes one of these socks is not like the others, but they all are the same size and shape. I need to get a sock blocker to really show these off.


This pair is a made from Mountain Colors, Bearfoot yarn in Elderberry colorway. I wasn't in the mood for a lot of ribbing when I started these, and I should have probably done more before I moved onto the foot. They are cozy anyway. If they shrink a little, it will be actually a good thing, they are a little loose on me. The color in the single sock picture is what they really look like. The flash went off on the shot of both feet. I think I'll knit the next pair of these in Ruby River, with a smaller needles size. I used a Addi size 2 on these and they seem a bit loose. I will give in and do the ribbing too - I like a cuff and I was just lazy on these.


I'm getting socks out of my system I guess because that's all I've been working on lately. They are very satisfying for me right now.







4 comments:

Sheila E said...

You are set in the new sock department now Lady!! I love them ALL!! They look so pretty....and like children they are all so different!!
What's next My Dear?
Glad that you are feeling better!!
AND....I'm with Wayne...YOU are Special xoxox

Anne Turner said...

wow you've been busy!! No wonder haven't seen you in awhile!

Anonymous said...

lovely socks, i am glad you are feeling better too.

Joanne said...

Wow, that's a lot of socks! I hear you about feeling wired with asthma/cold meds. I drink coffee to help my asthma--medicinal coffee (instead of just normally drinking it, I usually drink tea) and wow! I am sure awake when I drink all that coffee. However, it is a relief to breathe well again...