Sunday, April 15, 2007

Seeing Green

The green socks are done and fit well. These were knit from the toe up. I used 2 skeins of Cascade 220 Superwash yarn. The toe up method allowed me to knit the full skein into each sock, so there's more leg and no leftover yarn. Pretty cool method, I'll probably do it again sometime. Missy has recovered from her surgery and is her old self.

I've started knitting some socks for Wayne out of some fiber I got from Jen, and then Sam spun it up for me. I was going to dye it before I knit it, but since I've been slow to dye I'm knitting first. The fiber is Polworth & opossum. I'm knitting these from the top down, and I've got both socks going at the same time. I just thought I'd show you how they've started and hopefully I'll have completed socks to show in a couple weeks.

We found a lovely dutch oven on Amazon. The color is called Pesto, and while I think it is lovely it was $20 less than the other colors. I guess it was just my lucky day. Yes, I was a kid in the 70's. If only I had a Goldenrod colored counter top to go with it!

Here is our first dinner cooked in the new dutch oven. I was going to do a roast and all the potatoes, carrots, etc. But I was reminded that our first dutch oven adventure for the outdoor dutch oven turned out great and was asked to do it again. How could I say no to a compliment like that? The ingredients are layered with corn salsa, Italian meatballs, steak fries, and a little cheese on top. I don't know if you can tell, but the lid has little bumps on the inside to let condensation drip over the food rather than running down the side of the pot. It seemed to work great for this meal.








7 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad little Missy is feeling well. She's got such a sweet face. The socks look great too, but Missy stole the show.

ChickenChum said...

Wow on the fantastic socks and I lvoe your dutch oven!!! Did you cook that out on the barbique??
I might have to get me one just like it, since I do still have the goldenrod countertops!!
Glad to hear Missy is feeling better

Joanne said...

I've been thinking about Missy and glad she's back to her old self. Your dutch oven is wild! I hope you enjoy yours as much I love mine. I've got two now, and I couldn't be happier about it. When will you try out the amazing No-Knead Bread recipe? (no pressure or anything...)

Romi said...

I love green. :)

I'm glad Missy is mending well! :)

Sheila E said...

Just love the green color theme that you have going here! Each one of them is lighter in hue. Lovely!!
The toe up socks look very comfy as do the wonderful fuzzy ones that you are making for Wayne..lucky man ;)
Sam is amazing!! Wonderful spinning!
And your new Dutch Oven is really beautiful. I think it would go with any color counter top!
Happy Days!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad Missy is back to her old self. :-) And I can't wait to see how you dye up the socks. The possum yarn dyes so interestingly. I'm happy it's working out for you!

jenknits said...

The green socks are done? I missed a lot over spring break! Is that Wayne modeling them? Great fit!