Sunday, April 1, 2007

Spin In Weekend

I finished the Beaded Bauble bracelet! It was a fun project, and I will have fun wearing it. Thanks Rosemary!

I also finished the Mombassa socks but I don' t have a photo for you yet. I've been wearing them, and they're in the laundry now. It feels great to get projects finished up and being able to use them.

This weekend there was a Spin In on Whidbey Island. Jen and I drove around to the North end of the island can came down to Oak Harbor. It was a beautiful day. I worked on some Silk Merino fiber from Lisa Souza in the Pacific colorway. It sure spins up nice.

Tina wasn't able to go with us on Saturday. For some reason I woke up this morning and thought, "why not go back today?" I called Tina to see if she was up to going for awhile, and she had been thinking the very same thing. So, we jumped in the car and went over so she could take in the Spin In and the vendors there. Here's a couple of photos of the spin in for you.
I found some fiber from Sarah Anderson called Midnight River that is black and shades of blue. It's is superwash Colonial so it is destine for socks. I also got a pound of Shetland top in a pretty creamy color. A four bobbin lazy kate found it's way home with me. It will work great for my Wooly Winder bobbins since they don't spin well on the lazy kate that came with my Lendrum. Tina and I bought a CVM lamb fleece and are splitting it between us. It's a lovely white fleece that we are having processed into roving. You will see photos of it in a month or so.
We have some great spin in events around the Seattle area. It's always such a joy to meet up with friends at these events. You know who you are, but do you know that you ROCK! ? Well you do. It was great getting to visit with you this weekend.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wild and woolly weekend and it was fun meeting up with you and Tina ~ see you Friday at Fiber Gallery?

Joanne said...

Oh, this looks like so much fun! Glad you got a chance to go. I'm jealous of all your fibery events in the Seattle area.

Thanks too for your comments on my blog! I always enjoy them, and it's nice knowing that someone else understands why I put up with Harry the dog's shenanigans! How's Missy doing?

Anonymous said...

Hey, you - you snuck back! ;-) I'm so glad Tina got a chance to go, and that she was feeling better. I'm glad you broke down on the fleece - can't wait to see it.

jenknits said...

You sneaky, you ;-) That Tina sure is an enabler! I had a lovely time on Saturday and I am glad to hear you got to go back. What fun!

Anonymous said...

No, YOU rock! It was absolutely delightful to get to spend some quality time with y'all. Tina was missed Saturday. Glad she didn't miss out entirely though.

Hope to see you soon.

Denise said...

It was fun seeing you and Tina, Barb! Totally worth the drive.

Glad to hear that Missy is feeling better!

Vicki said...

That sounds like it was fun! But where are all the shoppers in the photo?

Romi said...

Your bracelet looks great! And I'm jealous of your fibery weekend. Sounds like a wonderful time. :)

Sheila E said...

What great fun! Another prime weekend.
Your bracelet turned out to be quite beautiful!
It was great to come home and read your blog ;)

AlisonH said...

Sounds like great fun all around!