Sunday, March 25, 2007

Friends and Finished Objects

Last Thursday I met up with friends. We had a fabulous evening and I thought I'd share a little of that with you.
Sam had a near dropped stitch, but managed to find it and is happy she now has 16 stitches all around. Whew! That was close. Kim finished her Swallow Tail shawl that very evening and she is admiring how the Sheila Ernst button looks nice with the shawl. Tammy is spinning some merino fiber that is just lovely. It's mostly yellow with bits of other colors combined. Jen is working on an afghan for her daughter. I love how those colors are coming together. I have to admit, she's making me just about pull out the feather and fan afghan I started years ago and haven't finished yet.

I worked on a beaded bauble. It's coming along. I think I'll get busy and get it finished soon. I'm so close! I used bigger beads than I probably should have, so instead of a three stitch pattern, I'm making this as a two stitch garter stitch. It is a from a pattern that Rosemary designed. You'll have to check out her blog and the pattern on Knitty.com it's really neat. I'll show you when it's done.

Wayne's socks got their toes redone. They were rather tight in the toes before. He had worn they quite awhile, but wanted them redone. So I ripped them back and reknit some of the foot and the toes. I made them slanted for the left and right foot this time and he says they are much more comfortable.


Another project that has been waiting for literally years for me to finish is finally done! It is the Braids pattern in cotton fleece for my sister. Well, except for a sleeve adjustment if needed. I haven't tucked those ends in yet because I'm thinking they may need shortened. Cotton tends to "grow" once it's knit. The color is called Rue.

I hope to have some more photos in a couple weeks when I get it to my sister and have the sleeves done up right. It is still drying in these photos, the color isn't as varied as these look.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow the sweater looks really beautiful. Lucky sister:-) I'm glad Missy is doing well.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Oh, the sweater, she is finis. Is the breeze from the north coming from you exhaling, Barb? It is really pretty and should be a staple in her wardrobe...it looks like a great sweater.

Smooches to your widdle girl. She has really been through it. Anybody got a bendy straw for a dog? Anybody? Anybody? :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss you guys!

Beautiful sweater! It's on my to-do list, sort of near the top, and in pretty much the same color sorta kinda. Now I know I'll like it!

Romi said...

The sweater is gorgeous! And Bauble looks like it's coming along nicely. :)

It looks like you guys had a great time!

vanessa said...

you have one lucky sister!
i wish i was there knitting with you guys :-)

CatonsvilleCats said...

Pretty cardigan. I have, I think, the regular Braids pattern someplace...

Joanne said...

Pretty sweater! Pretty baubles! Pretty friends!

Vicki said...

You are a nice sister! The sweater looks lovely and I loved the pics from your knitting get-together. Wish I could have been there.

Sheila E said...

What a lovely and informative blog post!!
I too would love to have been a member of the group!! I too miss sitting with you!! I too miss your smiling faces....Great pictures Miss Barb!
The sweater is beautiful AND done! Yippee for you and yippee for Sandy too!
Wayne's socks are awesome...how kind you are to help out his squeenked toes...Ouch!
How's our Miss Missy?
When you finish the beaded bauble will you take a close-up? It's beautiful long distance!!

Kim said...

Hey - Braids looks great!!!!! Nice work. I can't wait to hear how she likes it.

Anonymous said...

Wow - the Braids pattern looks really good using Cotton Fleece. I've done a couple of Braids myself, but used wool. Yours will be more practical for seasonal changes! Bet your sister will wear it often!
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the evening among friends. It's next best to being there. :-)

Anonymous said...

It just occurred to me that you didn't bring the finished beauty for us to see last night! ;-) I just know Miz Sister is going to love it. I'm so glad Missy's on the mend.

jenknits said...

Oh my gosh, WHERE have I been? The Braids looks FABULOUS! It's a weight lifted from your knitting shoulders 'eh?

Denise said...

Beautiful sweater, Barb! Your sister is so lucky - I want a sister like you!