Sunday, March 4, 2007

BOP Socks!

The Weather Schnauzer indicates wet lawns today with showers expected this evening. Missy is doing well and is as sassy as ever. She's a great knitting companion and loves to lay beside me while I knit. She does have a tumor on the underside of her chest. We have scheduled surgery to have the tumor removed at the end of March. It is not cancerous according to the vet, but it is starting to get in her way when she lays down and will effect her walking eventually. Your positive thoughts for Missy and that the tumor goes away easily for her are appreciated.

Here is the second Bird of Paradise sock under construction. I had to show you the double points that Michael and Sheila Ernst are making. They had them at Stitches West, and I snatched up a set! They are very nice to use and stay put in the sock like a bamboo needle would. The glass has a very natural feel in my hand (not grainy or plastic feeling) and the points on these are awesome! I don't see these on their web site but you can contact them if you are interested and I bet they can help you out. I know they carry them in size 5's and up.

It didn't take long to get the last few rows for the sock foot done, and then the toe. Here's a photo of the finished pair! I've ran them through the washer and have them on the sock blockers tonight. I thought about treating them gentle and hand washing, but then I decided to just throw them in the washer and see what happened. Looks good to me! Hooray! I won't go as far as putting them in the dryer. I never do that to my hand knits. I can't wait to wear these about. They feel so soft and cushy! I have a lot of yarn left over. Enough to make a third sock, or possibly even a hat. This is Lisa Souza's new yarn called Hard Twist Merino and it is superwash.



5 comments:

Joanne said...

I will be thinking healing thoughts for Missy. Dogs are often my closest friends; it is horrible to think of your loved one having a tumor, even if it's benign. Missy seems like a great weather predictor. :)

I saw your note on my blog. I'm glad to share dutch oven enthusiasm with you and jealous about your dutch oven with feet. That will be a future acquisition for me, I hope..along with a fireplace that appreciates such things. I like open fire cooking but have a little, ineffective fireplace...someday, I'll dream of having an old house with a good fireplace!

jenknits said...

You have a BOP pair! Fantastic! Now that I have finished Clapotis the second time, I'll be working on my Hard Twist socks. Hugs and nose kisses to Missy, poor baby.

Sheila E said...

Damn girl...slow down..you are difficult to keep up with!! Good thing I have long legs....
And you know I am on it with that Sweet Miss of yours! Great picture..of course you had to get your new socks in the photo.....OF COURSE!!

vanessa said...

juju on the way for missy.

fantastic combo of yarn and needles :-)

Denise said...

Oh, poor Missy! Toby and I will be thinking healing thoughts for her!

Hey, do you hire out for sock knitting? You are one lightning fast sock knitter!