Sunday, March 18, 2007

Finished Shawl







I finished the Wool Peddler's Shawl this morning. It's not the traditional red color, but I just love how this Wild Things colorway works with the shawl pattern. The top photo was pre-blocking. The photo with me wearing it is after I washed it and let it dry a bit. I have not pinned it, but I think I'll let it be relaxed for now anyway.

I received a package in the mail on Wednesday. I won a drawing from Southwest Trading Company that I entered when I was at Stitches West. How exciting to get a surprise in the mail! It was a skein of Tofutsies yarn, a nice clear project bag, and a copy of the Tidal Wave sock pattern by Deby Lake.

Missy is scheduled for her surgery Friday, March 23rd to remove the fatty tumor from her chest. She got a bath and a haircut this weekend so getting ready is spread out a bit for her. She smells great and is soft and smooth to pet, so she is eating up all the attention. I think deep (way deep) in her heart, she likes getting baths and haircuts. She runs around and has to show everybody what she's done afterwards.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I am glad that it isn't too busy for your shawl, Barb.
Congrats on winning that drawing. How exciting!
My old dog, Blondie, had a big tumor on her chest, just about where her neck met her chest. She was a golden retriever, with a big ruff and we did not find it until it was too late to remove it. You are doing great for yours...Tumor Be Gone. You are good dog parents. :o)

CatonsvilleCats said...

Pretty! I do like that pattern, however simple it is.

Sheila E said...

BEEUTIFUL!! It's a lovely pattern and it looks great in Wild Thing! I just love the edging.
You have much to be proud of!
I also love getting to see you!

Congrats on winning your surprise...something new to put on your blog when they are finished.

Pets, pets and more pets to Sweet smelling Missy! I think you are right, she loves the attention!!
Rightly so!

Anonymous said...

Great shawl! That's one of my favorite patterns.

Good luck to Missy! She'll be fine, it's good you're taking care of this early.

Romi said...

Very pretty! :)

Vicki said...

That is one pretty shawl! Love the way it looks in Wild Things. Good luck to Missy.

vanessa said...

gorgeous barb!
wild things is perfect for wool peddlers :-)

Denise said...

What a beautiful shawl, Barb! Wild Things was a perfect choice.

I'll be sending lots of positive energy Missy's way for quick healing.

Joanne said...

Or, alternatively, Missy could be trying to rub off that stinky smell of being clean! Our dogs do a lot of rolling around and asking for attention right after a bath, because I think the change in scent bothers them. In any case, I wish Missy a fast recovery and a safe surgery. Harry and Sally will be thinking of her!

Your shawl is beautiful, of course...(last but not least!)

Anonymous said...

The shawl looks lovely! I do love that pattern. Good luck to Missy and the tumor extraction.