Thursday, March 1, 2007

BOP


You might say I'm heels over head about this new hard twist merino yarn from Lisa Souza. Here's a sock done in the Bird of Paradise colorway. I've cast on for the second sock, so the pair should be done soon. The yarn is not yet up on Lisa's web site, but should be soon. I'm sure she'll hook you up with some if you contact her.
The camera flash went off taking this photo. I'll try and get a better shot when there is a pair - the colors are deeper than the photo shows. They are fabulous to say the least. You can you see how this yarn got it's name! I found a nice informational link about the plant if you're interested, and this link has lots of great photos.


We got about 7 inches of snow last night. I see it falling off the trees this afternoon, so it should be gone very soon. I went out and filled the bird feeders today and the chickadees and towhees were most appreciative. The squirrels got a new cob of corn as well. We do enjoy our wild critters. There was a huge crow under the feeders this morning digging through the snow. He was quite handsome in his black feathers with the white snow. Our winter humming birds are doing great. There's at least two hens that come look in our window if the feeders are frozen. Otherwise they come and go happily eatting the necter we put out.

4 comments:

CatonsvilleCats said...

Hey Barb, what needles are you using for that yarn? I just ordered some other stuff from Lisa so I have to wait till next month to get some of that...

Barb said...

Caroline, I'm using size 3's but I knit pretty loose. I imagine 3's or 4's would work fine.

Denise said...

Those are some lovely cheerful socks, Barb! A perfict antidote to the endless grey of winter in the PNW. I love Lisa's colorways.

You get hummingbirds through the winter? No fair! I'm so much further south and I've never seen one in the winter here. Now I feel cheated! ;-)

Denise said...

::sigh::
'perfict' = perfect

eye speell reel gud
:-D
(why do I only see those *just* after I hit the post button?)