Saturday, March 3, 2007

Wrist Bands and PJ's

Village Yarn and Tea hosted a PJ party last night until midnight! We were knitting wrist bands for the Breast Cancer Seattle 3 day event that will happen in September 2007. The yarn was provided as well as the pattern. Sam, Jen, about 50 or so other people, and I showed up and we had a ball. They want to make 3,000 of these bands, so they would appreciate an assist if you would like to knit some of these.

We were able to create buttons for the wrist bands as well! This was a first for me, and it is way fun. Thank you to Amy of Good to be a Girl, who gave us a lesson on how to make the buttons and brought the supplies to use. She makes adorable stitch markers. Here's Jen and Sam busy creating buttons. Don't they look cute in their sheepy PJ's?!
Here is one of the wrist bands I knitted with a moon button. Jen made a wonderful flower button. Sadly I was showing off my macro feature on my camera, and the photo just didn't turn out of our buttons. That's Murphy's law for when you think you got it right.

You must think I'm a slow poke for not getting that pair of BOP socks out yet! Okay I got distracted. I've been knitting out of the "Folk Shawls" Book, by Cheryl Oberle. Interweave Press 2000. Making the Wool Peddler's shawl. I'm using Hard Twist Merino from Lisa Souza in the Wild Things colorway. This stuff is so cushy I just want to wrap myself up in it, and thus the shawl was the perfect pattern to accomplish this. I've knit enough yardage to count for that other sock, honest! Okay, I'll set aside the WP and get on with the other sock. I owe Wayne a pair of socks too, come to think of it.

1 comment:

Sheila E said...

It's not easy being green...with envy that is for the fun and togetherness of the PJ party!!
I just love the picture of your hand and the wrist band!!