Saturday, January 6, 2007

Boom, Boom - OUT GO THE LIGHTS!

Early this morning we had another PNW wind storm come sweeping through our area. The power went out at 2 AM, and is still off. Thank goodness for the age of Internet - you can take your laptop to many places and get your internet fix.

So, today was the St. Distaff spin-in and about 100 people were able to attend this annual event. I know you want photos, but I think there are some friends who would wonder about my true loyalty if I put them up on my blog for all the world to see. So, if we don't have a photo - do we still get credit for attending the spin-in? I say yes, we do! I spun some Merino Tencel, and I bought some black Tencel to ply with the peacock colors that I was spinning today. I also bought some beautiful silk merino from the Artful Ewe. I need to take photos of to show you when we have our power back on.

All the fiber for Wayne's sweater is spun and plied, Hooray!

5 comments:

jenknits said...

I hope the lights come back on soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping you have power back, Barb! And I promise from now on to just stay out of the frame. ;-) I get to be photogenic in my next life maybe? I had a great time and hope that the spouse made it through alright!

Anne Turner said...

We lost power too.. but obviously its back on. I want pictures!!! :)

vanessa said...

wow, you pnwers are really getting more than your share of lousy weather :-(

Angela said...

Congratulations on finishing the spinning! Glad to hear you have your power back. Hope the snow didn't hit you guys too hard!