Monday, January 1, 2007

Starting the Year Right!


I had fun today with my projects and friends. I sat at my Fricke spinning wheel and spun. Moved over to the Lendrum with the jumbo plying head and plied, and have a 3 ply jumbo skein of yarn drying tonight. I really enjoy having two wheels! I'd better wrap this sweater project up very soon. The January sky is usually gray, and so is this sweater (although there are wisps of blue in some of the fiber). I like gray, just not too much of it at once.

I was tipping them back today in New Years celebration with friends. Yes, it was organic, green, and hot. Forgive the photo quality but this is the nearest I think I've ever come to an underwater shot - it's a rose tea blossom. (That's green tea Mom - no worries)
I am truly counting my blessing for the joyful colors in the Onalaska Skein. The shawl pattern has been chosen, the needle gague has been selected. The pattern I chose was the Alberta pattern from Stahman's Shawls & Scarves. I promise not to show you every row as she progresses, but I did want to show you that she is indeed begun. What a great start to 2007!

5 comments:

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Alberta will be beautiful! I love that pattern:-)

Sheila E said...

That is truly beautiful Barb! The softness of it comes right through the computer. What a lovely pattern!

jenknits said...

Ohhhh, you have a photo of the tea blossom! We have more of those, so you all will just have to come back over and drink some more tea!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the tea blossom photo came out so well! And congratulations on all that spinning - six pounds is an amazing amount of devotion. You're crazy in love. :-) -Sam

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! You do wonderful work Barb. I'm so glad I found your blog. We have very similar interests. In fact I'm considering buying another wheel and I'm trying to decide whether to buy the Fricke or the Lendrum. I currently have an Ashford. Any chance you could do a comparison for me since you have both of these wheels? I've tried the Lendrum, but can't find anyone nearby with a Fricke.
Thanks!