Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Button It!


I'm a sucker for socks, and for certain glass buttons. So, here's the start of a pair I'm working on. No pattern being followed other than my notes as I go. I wish I'd put the button holes up higher in the ribbing, but I'm going with these all the same. Next pair will be perfect :-) Keep in touch and I'll keep you updated on their progress. I'd say they are about 4" long right now in this photo.

That's Emerald City Sock! (from Lisa Souza of course) and Sheila Ernst buttons. I'm going for three buttons on each sock. I think we're going for a plain foot - but I might just get the toe sock happening. These are going to be fun! What do you think? Toe socks, thong socks, plain socks? I'll be a week or so before I must decide for certain. These are going to be for me, (just so the little voices that usually talk me out of socks know in advance). Version 1.0 of anything needs to be beta tested by the maker :-)

Wayne's sweater is coming along as well. I'm still working on the first skein of the handspun and working up the back of the sweater. Just 5 more inches and I'll start the moss stitch. It's going to be a heavy sweater.

4 comments:

ChickenChum said...

Awwwwww so whose name goes up for version 2.0? Those look great!!

CatonsvilleCats said...

Adorable!
I have a skein of that calling to me from the shelf. I plan to be knitting it soon.

Sheila E said...

Love them...glad that those colorful buttons had a nice place to land!! You are amazing...what next? Waiting to find out...;)

jenknits said...

Those socks look great with the buttons! I might need to take a closer look next time I see you - I have some LisaS in stash that I can use, and I know Sheila always has a good stash of buttons!