Monday, October 23, 2006

Oc-Toes-ber Socks Done!

Thank you Jen and Sam for helping me come up with the name for my socks. They were going to be Ernouza's or Soust's socks (Sheila and Lisa - you don't know how close it came!) Sam hit on Socktober and Jen popped out with Oc-Toes-ber and the rest is history. Button's by Sheila Ernst, and Sock! in Emerald City - and heels and toes yarn by Lisa Souza. Pattern - well it's outta my head, but your basic sock with a little bit of yarnovers to give it something different in the cuff and then the toes are a little different. Sam showed me the birds eye heel - had to try that out on 'em, and Wha-La!

The buttons ride above the tops of my sneakers. I tried them on to be sure, and it's all good. I have to also thank my friend Jen - she was thinking when she asked me, "do you have any thongs to wear with your socks? The summer sales are almost over!" I started to laugh, but you know what? I didn't have any!! So thank you Jen for thinking of the "little" things - like how I was going to even show how great these are to wear with thongs :-) Gart sports had these babies for 1/2 price! What a deal.

If you haven't see it before - the knitting under my foot is Missy's dog bed - but you all know where she really sleeps at night. She likes to snuggle in her hand knit bed when she's on guard duty in the lazy-boy, or when we go for trips in the pickup truck. When Missy isn't looking, Miss Emma likes to snuggle up on the knitted bed now and then too.

And now, back to Wayne's sweater - already in progress....
TO BE CONTINUED

5 comments:

CatonsvilleCats said...

Wow, those turned out great! I'm knitting my Emerald City socks too...

Sam said...

Wahoo! Those look just great, Barb! Happy Oc-toes-ber! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wowza! Love the socks AND the buttons.

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Beautiful socks. I love that you can wear them with sandals. I wear my sandles in the fall to the very last minute because I hate wearing shoes:-)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I wandered over from Lisa Souza's site. I have a question. What pattern did you use for these socks? I'm asking because one of my friends who's stationed in Afghanistan with the army right now asked if I could make her some socks that she could wear with her flipflops when she heads out to the bathrooms. It's getting pretty cold in the evenings/nights/mornings over there right now.
Cheers Eva sweetpea@sweet-p.net