Sunday, October 1, 2006

Finished GGSS

Well the Gathered Garter Stitch Shawl is done. It's another one of those projects where I get to seeing things I'd like different in the design so I change them. I've added the peasant ruffle out of the Knitting on the Edge book to the bottom, and I also added a collar following the start of the GGSS and then adding the peasant ruffle to that. I crocheted the collar onto the shawl.

The yarn is from Lisa Souza, the body being a modified St. Valentines (I had her add some white to it) and the collar and bottom are out of Little Devil. I really love how the colors work together. The button is, of course, Sheila Ernst's work.

These aren't the best photos since they were taken at night, but they will give you an idea of the shawl and how it fits.

4 comments:

ChickenChum said...

Wow!!! You did a great job on that!
It is georgous!! I love the collar you added.

CatonsvilleCats said...

Purty! and definitely your color!

Stacy said...

It's beautiful!

jenknits said...

Yeah! It's done! And it looks like it fits perfectly! That's a great addition to your winter wardrobe.