Sunday, October 8, 2006

Looking for Fall

Wayne and I went on a trip, looking for fall colors this weekend. Where did we go? North! In to the North Cascades to Marble Mount, New Halem, and Diablo Lake.





We went up a road out of Marble Mount called Cascade Road. It started out paved, nice, great for the first 10 miles. The next 14 were gravel and they got more and more narrow and washboard textured as we went. It was a beautiful dive, but it was getting dark and we were in a hurry to get to the promised beautiful scenery at the end before dark.

Luckily we made it there with a little light to spare, and we got some great photo's of the trip. We were looking at Mt. Formidable (yep that's the name). As you can see, fall is indeed working it's way down the Cascades. We saw Bald Eagles along the rivers, and salmon making nests in the river for their eggs. It was a fantastic weekend. I almost finished the first sock in the pair I am making. I decided to add another colorway of Lisa's into the sock, so I'll finish up the big toe later this week. I've cast on sock #2 to keep the momentum up. I should have photo's of the sock progress for you soon. Here's a shot of the sock progress on Saturday night :-)

7 comments:

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

it looks so beautiful up there! Nice weekend:-)

jenknits said...

Wow, you are cruising right along on those socks! It looks like you had a really great time on the weekend getaway. I hope both you and Wayne feel rejuvenated!

Sheila E said...

How nice to see you and Wayne with those lovely smiles on your faces. You needed that R&R!!!
The socks are lovely....can't wait to see them both together. You are whipping right along!
Your shawl is beautiful and it's great to see you wearing it so proudly!
Much love ;)

Vicki said...

Lovely shots of your trip. I'm glad you shared them as they're so different than the scenery around here. The cape looks great on you, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, you guys are so cute! It's Supergirl and her Sidekick! Thanks for the scenery shots...I do so love the mountains. Cool socks...totally weird but cool weird, Barb. :o)

ChickenChum said...

Sooooo who took the picture???
: )

Barb said...

Tina, It was the automagic camera (I finally figured out how to do it). Pretty funny to only have 10 seconds to run across the clearing and to look dignified when the cameral clicks. Lucky you didn't get my backside!
Lisa - these socks are my tribute to Oc-TOE-ber! They are groovy, funky socks I've never found anywhere but in my head - now at least one is on my foot :-) #2 is coming up to the heel flap by the end of the evening. I may even have turned the heel by the time I go to sleep tonight. Then we're on the down hill slide to being done. Sock fly on after heel #2! That's my motto anyway, and I'm sticking to it :-)