Saturday, September 9, 2006

All Work and No Play...

All work and no play leads to one boring blog! Expect a proper update this weekend. I do have some progress on the Gathered Garter Stitch Shawl. I've popped a little of the Lisa Souza, Little Devil, colorway into it for a few rows, and I'm back to the last bit of modified St. Valentines now. I borrowed one of Sam's books - Nicky Epstein's, Knitting on the Edge, and am picking out a little something special to finish up the bottom of the shawl. I want more of a pronounced ruffle effect.

Wayne decided against the Salmon Run sweater. His loss, my gain. I'll be knitting that one for myself, later on. Instead Wayne is getting a more basic cardigan sweater. It's going to be modified already so much I hesitate to name what it's started out being. We're going with moss stitch instead of the trinity stitch, so stitch count will have to be modified, etc. to make it come together. Anyway it's started out as the Trinity sweater, except it won't have the trinity stitch, so it's sort of the moss stitch sweater I guess. It will be nice judging by the swatches I've done so far with the grey superwash I've spun for the project.

My friend Jen came to knitting with an assortment of Lisa's colorways. Wow- talk about knitter's candy! I LOVE the Mars Quake. I will be needing that in fiber later on, I can tell. Lisa has come out with some beautiful yarn called Fat Bunny, which I think would get me into the larger needle sizes - thus a trip over to Sheila's new circulars with the Gypsy glass would be in order. Oh I have to knit and spin faster here so I can get more "supplies". I suppose working all this overtime is good so I'll hopefully have some spending money to buy more supplies. The only problem with it is that I have less time to knit and spin!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Dad has been having that same problem with overtime... he's happy about the extra money to spend, but not so happy about not having the time to spend it! The other day they had him do an extra shift from 1am to 4am, then come back and do a 12 hour shift from 7am to 7pm. What kind of work is this place!?

Also, all your lovely colorways have made me want something special, so I joined a co-op on livejournal to get something special from handpaintedyarn.com. I'm thinking it might turn into a pair of longies for Beth's new little boy. And hopefully I'll know what I"m doing enough to end up with a size small this time!