Sunday, September 17, 2006

A day to rest



Missy is feeling sore today. She's limping a bit and seems sad. She's curled up next to me on the bed (we helped her up) and she is resting now with a little aspirin to help her pain. It seems to be muscle pain (no cuts, or spots she's worrying over) and it's in her right front leg, or shoulder. Poor baby. She's just not herself today. We will take her to the vet tomorrow if she's not feeling better. I'm supposed to go into work today (Sunday), but I really want to stay home and care for her. She'd like me to stay and knit with her. It helps her relax, and me as well. Wow, I just got a phone call.... just as I was writing this, the work computer system is down and not expected up until later tonight. So my boss agrees that going in today is not happening. I'm glad, I get to care for my puppy dog.

Next weekend is the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. I am looking forward to seeing friends and all the animals and learning more about spinning and knitting. It's also nice to be looking at a four day work week next week, having Friday off. I hope to sell my Schacht single treadle wheel while I'm at OFFF as well. It would be nice to find Goldy a good home where she will get more spinning time.

The shawl has progressed nicely from the last blog I did about it, as well as WS. I had to start over a couple times on WS but I'd rather make adjustments now than when I'm further along with the project. The size 6 needles I needed to use to get to gauge were making a very compacted, hard, fabric. I've went back up to the size 8's and am adjusting my stitches down so the fabric is soft and feels like a sweater should. Oh, you will have to see that in progress. The last photo of my WS project had Sheila's Amber Passion needles in size 6, and now the size 8's are needed. Yes, you know I had to have them... the project is now on Sheila's green size 8 needles. I'm thinking the green color were some she was able to do in a small batch, I don't see them listed on her site but they are, "me" colored. I love the fall colors and green especially calls to me. Don't ask me which of my Sheila needles are my favorites because they all are.

I'm starting the Weight Watcher's program this coming Thursday. They have started a group at work that will go through the end of January. It will get me through the holidays and hopefully I'll have myself well into a new life style by the end. I can continue on with a local group if the work group decides to wrap up for good at the end of January. I'm not even setting my sites on a weight loss number, I'm setting my sites on changing my eating habits to make healthier choices, and getting exercise back into my life.

Wayne and I decided to have a nice dinner out tonight before we get to worrying about our food choices and learning the ropes of the WW plan. We went to Ivar's in Mukilteo for dinner. Here's a photo of our view at dinner.



One last look at what the GGSS along with it's button. I plan on doing a collar with the Little Devil that Lisa Souza created, with the peasant ruffle around the top, and adding a button hole as well to accommodate this piece of art that Sheila made for me. You'll have to see it in person to really see how special it is, but if you double click on the photo you can get a closer look :-) Enjoy!

4 comments:

ChickenChum said...

Wow, I hope Missy feel better soon!! Good thing you were able to stay home and take care of her today.
That Sheila button looks absolutely stunning on the shawl!!!
Tina

Barb said...

Hi Tina, She's still feeling punky tonight. Did you click on the button photo, it's kind of cool :-)

CatonsvilleCats said...

I can't wait to see how your creation with the button comes out. All you guys who just Make Stuff Up really amaze me.

Sheila E said...

I too hope that Missy feels better, she definitely doesn't look like her sassy self.
Are you gonna have your shawl done by OFFF? I am very pleased to know that your rose button will have such a lovely home.
I am all a twitter to see you.