Sunday, September 3, 2006

Spin In at the Fair

Today is the last day I will be attending the Evergreen State Fair this year. There is a spin in this afternoon so I'm loading up the wheel, fiber, and snacks for a fun day with friends at the fair. I'll try and remember the camera.

I went to the fair yesterday and spun in the sheep barn for 4 hours. It was a lot of fun with people coming up and asking questions and kids grabbing a chair and sitting down to watch me spin. I think people got more excitement out of seeing me card wool. I had brought some uncarded wool and my cards to show if asked, but I ran out of the prepared fiber I had (okay - I gave a handful to a 9 year old boy who came back three times and his Mom asked where he could get a drop spindle. He walked away with the Romney fibers all excited, saying "Oh my Gosh!" to his mom - one happy camper there!) so I was left with my washed fleece and cards to get through the end of the day. People were great, to see their reaction when I put a little bit of wool on the combs and it exploded into a big fluffy puff of wool.

So, hopefully more blog and photos later today for you.

No comments: