Sunday, September 24, 2006

Fleece on the Hoof


Meet Jazz. She is a Shetland ewe that I met at OFFF this year. I couldn't bring her home, but her owner let me buy her fleece! Jazz is a very sweet girl and I got to lead her and hold her as we waited for her hair cut. Here is a photo of the hair cut in progress. She was very good in the show ring and getting her first ever hair cut. I am so happy with my new wool, and I think Jazz feels much cooler and ready to grow her winter coat now.


Tina bonded with Savannah! They weren't really planning on passing over the wool to Tina at first, but the more she held Savannah in line waiting for her turn at the clippers, the more she fell in love with the soft dark locks on the Savannah. Tina was smart to request her fleece before others could see what a beautiful one it was off the sheep.

Can't you just see the bond forming with the wool for both Sam and Tina?



Meet Ruby Jewel. She's is Sam's new buddy and they met at OFFF this year. Sam think's Ruby Jewel looks pretty warm in all that wool, so she is taking her for a hair cut. Ruby is just so excited, she's telling everyone. I think this was the least expensive haircut I have ever seen. $2.50 for a full body shave :-). To top if off, the shearer spoke back to Ruby in her own language. It is a beautiful fleece that came home with Sam.

5 comments:

CatonsvilleCats said...

Mmm shetland. I have yet to find the shetland fleece of my dreams - how much better to find it on the sheep!

Anonymous said...

Barb, what lovely, sheepy goodness! Thank you for the awesome pics, and for a most marvelous weekend. :-)

ChickenChum said...

And I fought the temptation so hard....for about 5 minutes

Anonymous said...

I think it's a good thing that I didn't have time to make it over to the barns. I've been pretty good at this whole new non-purchasing thing but a girl's resistance can only hold out so long!
Lovely fleece - can't wait to see it spun!

jenknits said...

Barb, you take the best photos! Looks like you had a great time at OFFF!