Sunday, September 10, 2006

Shawl Progress and Ramblings

Missy has granted us modeling for the fiber minded. Here we have her displaying the progress of the Gathered Garter Stitch Shawl. It is knit in Lisa Souza's St. Valentines - in a modified version that has more white in it. I have added a strip of Little Devil towards the bottom. The bottom ruffle will be all Little Devil colorway. I've also modified the pattern and used a Peasant ruffle pattern at the bottom. I've only got a couple rows completed of the ruffle, so you can't see much of it yet. It really feels good to break out of the garter stitch marathon that was the upper portion. I am thinking of adding some Little Devil around the top as well. Check out the cobalt glass circulars from Sheila. These are size 5's and I just adore them.

I noticed Sam saying fall was starting to show up around here. I caught a photo of some of it's progress today. There were sprinklings of leaves under a lot of the trees that we saw on our walk today.

Missy got her hair cut today, so here's a photo of her in all her glory. We go to a trail in the business park on the weekends. It goes around a wetland area that has lots of fun smells for a dog to smell. She just loves it. Best of all, it's not a crowded or a popular bike trail, so Missy goes all over the trail without having anyone shout "on your left!" She enjoys being a relaxed mannered dog who almost always obeys the rules of the trail.

I am talking Wayne into making me a diz for drawing my wool fiber into roving form. Wingnut is going to be so fun to work with, but I broke my last diz, and Wayne and I have come up with some ideas for making our own, hard to break and, not so pretty, diz. We're going to use some washers and Wayne's going to weld them together to get the larger outer diameter I want with the small inner diameter I want. It should be just the ticket. I may see if he'll punch a small hole towards the edge and I'll find a way to clip it on something so I don't loose it in the bottom of my fiber equipment box.

Okay - couldn't resist one last look at Missy - she likes the GGSS! I think red is her color. Too bad the Emma cat doesn't want to model for me. Tina, Sam, Sheila, and Lisa have cats that don't get upset at a little camera flash. Their cats look absolutly relaxed. One flash and Emma is outta here!

2 comments:

Sheila E said...

Missy is such a great model!! Her silky silver hair shows off the beauty of your shawl fantastically.
My favorite picture is the one by the "dogs must..." sign. Ha Ha she says....she's above all that!!
Your shawl is beautiful Barb...you are a garmet making machine!!
I love that you are using our needles...makes me smile ;)

ChickenChum said...

Wow your working wonders with that shawl, and Missy looks great too!!