Sunday, September 3, 2006

Fair Photos

We had a wonderful day at the fair at the spin in. Take a look at these wheels and see if you know who "we" were. I'll let you know at the end of this post.

The spin in was lovely, and we got to visit and spin and visit and spin and visit! Yeah!

The door prize is always a big hit at this fair spin in. People are all asked to bring a door prize and then there is usually enough prizes for every participant to win something. Actually at this event it is common to go through all the names in the drawing and many people get to be drawn again so all the prizes are given out. People get to select what they want from the table which is really nice because many have a preference if they'd like more fiber to spin, or would not like more fiber. There's plenty of selection in both categories. This year I choose a wrapped box, since I decided I wanted a surprise. Well I got one! Inside the box was a alpaca fleece from Idaho that is a grey and black combination of colors. It's shorn by the owner of the alpaca and Ms Alpaca is of pet quality the note said. I'll have fun playing with her fiber and seeing what I can make out of it.

Here are some of the other things we saw at the fair:

This is the biggest pigeon I've ever seen! He's bigger than Tina's chickens! What a cool, regal looking bird.




We had to capture a photo of the Utility Kilt! This fellow looks like he's feeling cool in his snappy wardrobe.

Below we have one very pretty bird who was hanging out with his hen. These are such pretty creatures, but man are they loud when they call to one another. I think the flashy colors are like a warning for the noise potential packed inside. This one didn't have any of the flashy tail feathers. I think they harvest them since would be damaged when hauling the bird to the fair in box or crate.

We were dissapointed that no turkeys were at the fair. They are really fun birds to watch, and they seem to enjoy watching people. Maybe next year there will be some.

This last photo is my favorite of the day. There were about 20 of these little guys running around in the pen with two mommas. (2 litters were combined). Their proud mothers were Copper and Penny. So some of the babies were 23 days old and others were 20 days old. They sure were cute. You really have to wonder if there might be a spider web somewhere saying, Nice Pig" for these little guys :-)

Now, who were the "we" that were spinning at the fair? Well from right to left we have Sam's Journey wheel, my Frickie wheel, and Tina's Joy. The wheels and the spinners all had a wonderful time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess...Tina, Barb and Sam.

Love the piggies!

vanessa said...

i knew sam's journey wheel ;-)

Sheila E said...

I just love your pictures of the fair...I guess right...duh, not too hard Barb..thank goodness!
Wish that I'd been there too.
I love Baby Pigs ;)

Angela said...

I guessed Barb, Tina, Sam :) So close, but no cigar.

Love the chocolatey/coppery colour of the piglets